Effective Date: September 12, 2022
By using our Services, you accept/agree to all of the policies and procedures described in the foregoing documents. If you do not agree with or you are not comfortable with any aspect of this Privacy Statement or our Terms of Service, you should not use our Services.
- Aggregate Information: information that has been combined with that of other users and analyzed or evaluated as a whole, such that no specific individual may be reasonably identified.
- De-identified Information: information that has been stripped of your Registration Information (e.g., your name and contact information) and other identifying data such that you cannot reasonably be identified as an individual, also known as pseudonymized information.
- Individual-level Information: information about a single individual’s epigenetics, genotypes, diseases or other traits/characteristics, but which is not necessarily tied to Registration Information.
- Personal Information: information that can be used to identify you, either alone or in combination with other information. TruDiagnostic collects and stores the following types of Personal Information:
- Registration Information: Information you provide about yourself when registering for and/or purchasing our Services (e.g. name, email, address, user ID and password, and payment information).
- Epigenetic Information: information regarding your methylation biomarkers, generated through processing of your blood sample by TruDiagnostic or by its contractors, successors, or assignees; or otherwise processed by and/or contributed to TruDiagnostic.
- Self-Reported Information: information you provide directly to us, either through the Services or through a third party, including your disease conditions, other health-related information, personal traits, ethnicity, family history, and other information that you enter into surveys, forms, or features while signed in to your TruDiagnostic account.
- Sensitive Information: information about your health, Epigenetic Information, and certain Self-Reported Information, such as racial and ethnic origin, sexual orientation, and political affiliation.
- User Content: Some of our Services allow you to create and post or upload content, such as data, text, software, music, audio, photographs, graphics, video, messages, or other materials that you create or provide to us through either a public or private transmission (“User Content”). For example, User Content includes any discussions, posts, or messages you send on our Blog.
- Blogs and Forums: Our website offers publicly accessible blogs. You should be aware that any information you provide or post in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
- Inferences and Derived Data: information, data, assumptions, or conclusions that are derived directly or indirectly from another source of Personal Information.
- Web-Behavior Information: information on how you use our Services collected through log files, cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies, (e.g., device information (device identifiers), IP address, browser type, domains, page views).
- Social media features and widgets. Our Services include Social Media Features, such as the Facebook “Like” or “Share” button and widgets (“Features”). These Features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the Feature to function properly. They may also allow third party social media services to provide us information about you, including your name, email address, and other contact information. The information we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the third party social media service. Features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our site. Your interactions with these Features are governed by the privacy statements of the third party companies providing them. You should always review and, if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our website or Service.
- Third party services (e.g., social media). If you use a third party site, such as Facebook or Twitter, in connection with our Services to communicate with another person (e.g., to make or post referrals or to request that we communicate with another person), then in addition to that person’s name and contact information, we may also collect other information (e.g., your profile picture, network, gender, username, user ID, age range, language, country, friends lists or followers) depending on your privacy settings on the third party site. We do not control the third party site’s information practices, so please review the third party’s privacy statement and your settings on the third party’s site carefully.
- Customer service. When you contact Customer Care or correspond with us about our Service, we collect information to: track and respond to your inquiry; investigate any breach of our Terms of Service, Privacy Statement or applicable laws or regulations; and analyze and improve our Services.
- Information related to our Epigenetic Testing Services, like Methylation Information. Information regarding your methylation biomarkers, your Epigenetic Information, is generated when we analyze and process your blood sample, or when you otherwise contribute or access your Epigenetic Information through our Services. Epigenetic Information includes the TruDiagnostic results reported to you as part of our Services, and may be used for other purposes, as outlined below
- help us recognize you when you use our Services;
- customize and improve your experience;
- provide security;
- analyze usage of our Services (such as to analyze your interactions with the results, reports, and other features of the Service);
- gather demographic information about our user base;
- offer our Services to you;
- monitor the success of marketing programs; and
- serve targeted advertising on our site and on other sites around the Internet.
We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies from third party service providers as de-identified, Individual-level Information or as Aggregate Information.
Google Analytics is used to perform many of the tasks listed above. We use the User-ID feature of Google Analytics to combine behavioral information across devices and sessions (including authenticated and unauthenticated sessions). We have enabled the following Google Analytics Advertising features: Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, and DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration. We do not merge information collected through any Google advertising product with individual-level information collected elsewhere by our Service. Learn more about how Google collects and uses data here. To opt out of Google Analytics Advertising Features please use Google Ad Settings. To opt out of Google Analytics entirely please use this link.
Other Types of Information
We continuously work to enhance our Services with new products, applications and features that may result in the collection of new and different types of information. We will update our Privacy Statement and/or obtain your prior consent to new processing, as needed.
How we use your information
TruDiagnostic will use and share your Personal Information with third parties only in the ways that are described below:
To Provide you with services and to analyze and improve our own services.
These activities may include, among other things, using your information in a manner consistent with this Privacy Statement to:
- open your account, enable purchases and process payments, communicate with you, and implement your requests (e.g., referrals);
- enable and enhance your use of our website and mobile application(s), including authenticating your visits, providing personalized content and information, and tracking your usage of our Services;
- contact you about your account, and any relevant information about our Services (e.g. policy changes, security updates or issues, etc.);
- enforce our Terms of Service and other agreements;
- monitor, detect, investigate and prevent prohibited or illegal behaviors on our Services, to combat spam and other security risks; and
- perform research & development activities, which may include, for example, conducting data analysis in order to develop new or improve existing products and services, and performing quality control activities.
For individuals located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), United Kingdom, or Switzerland (collectively the “Designated Countries”): We process your Personal Information in this way to provide our Services to you in accordance with our Terms of Service.
To process, analyze, and deliver your epigenetic age testing results
As described above, to receive results through our TruAge epigenetic testing service, you must create a TruDiagnostic account, register your kit, and submit your blood sample so your biological age can be evaluated or our contracted laboratory. Once your DNA is extracted, we analyze your Epigenetic Information to provide you with our biological age report, depending on the Service purchased. TruDiagnostic continuously works to improve our Services based on our research and product development, and epigenetic associations identified in scientific literature. If you are eligible to receive additional reports or updates in the future, you may be notified of or may directly access these updates.
For individuals located in the Designated Countries: Our legal basis for processing your Sensitive Information for the purposes described above is based on your consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time by deleting your Account via your TruDiagnostic Account Settings, however, the withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing or that was performed or information that was used prior to such withdrawal.
To allow you to share your personal information with others
TruDiagnostic gives you the ability to share information, including Personal Information, through the Services.
You have the option to share directly with individuals with TruDiagnostic accounts through (i) our Blog, (ii) our Physicians portal, and (iii) other sharing features and tools. You may also have the ability to share information directly with individuals who have not participated in our Service via a unique, shareable URL or through a social media platform.
Some sharing features, including receiving sharing invitations, may require that you opt-out, however you will always be required to take a positive action, such as opting in, to share Sensitive Information.
You should be thoughtful about your sharing choices. Once you have chosen to share any Personal Information, the individuals with whom you share this information, may also use or share your Personal Information, including any Sensitive Information you choose to share.
For individuals located in the Designated Countries: Our legal basis for processing your Personal Information for the purpose described above is based on your consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time, however, the withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
To allow you to reach out and share information for research purposes.
Research is an important aspect of our Services and we want to ensure interested participants are aware of additional opportunities to contribute to interesting, novel scientific research conducted by academic institutions, healthcare organizations, pharmaceutical companies, and other groups.
If you have chosen to receive notifications about third-party research, from time to time we may inform you of third party research opportunities for which you may be eligible.
For example, if a university tells us about a new cancer research project, we may send an email to TruDiagnostic research participants who potentially fit the relevant eligibility criteria to make them aware of the research project and provide a link to participate with the research organization conducting the study.
We will not share Individual-level Epigenetic Information or Self-Reported Information with any third party without your explicit consent. If you do not wish to receive these notifications, you can manage them by editing your preferences in your TruDiagnostic Account Settings.
“TruDiagnostic Partnered Research” refers to research aimed at publication in peer-reviewed journals and other research funded by the federal government (such as the National Institutes of Health (“NIH”)) conducted by TruDiagnostic and a third party.
TruDiagnostic Partnered Research may be sponsored by, conducted on behalf of, or in collaboration with third parties, such as non-profit foundations, academic institutions or pharmaceutical companies.
TruDiagnostic Partnered Research may study a specific group or population, identify potential areas or targets for therapeutics development, conduct or support the development of drugs, diagnostics or devices to diagnose, predict or treat medical or other health conditions, work with public, private and/or non-profit entities on epigenetic research initiatives, or otherwise create, commercialize, and apply this new knowledge to improve health care.
TruDiagnostic Partnered Research may use Aggregate and/or Individual-level Epigenetic Information and Self-Reported Information as specified in the appropriate Consent Document(s).
The following information is always true for TruDiagnostic Partnered Research:
- Epigenetic Information and/or Self-Reported Information of individuals who consent to pariticipate will be used for research purposes, but such information will be de-identified and will not be linked to their Registration Information.
- TruDiagnostic may publicly share summary statistics, which do not identify any particular individual or contain individual-level information, when presenting the results of this research. An example of summary statistics is: “80% of participants who took x supplement experienced a reduction in biological age of z years. Thirteen individuals showed no change in biological age, but reported a notable increase in appetite.”
To Withdraw your Consent
You may withdraw your consent to participate in TruDiagnostic Research at any time by changing your consent status within your Account Settings.
TruDiagnostic will not include your Epigenetic Information or Self-Reported Information in studies that start more than 30 days after you withdraw (it may take up to 30 days to withdraw your information after you withdraw your consent). Any research involving your data that has already been performed or published prior to your withdrawal from TruDiagnostic Research will not be reversed, undone, or withdrawn. You may also discontinue your participation in TruDiagnostic Research by deleting your TruDiagnostic account.
For individuals located in the Designated Countries: Our legal basis for processing your Sensitive Information for the purpose described above is based on your consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time, however, the withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
To provide customer support
When you contact Customer Care, we may use or request Personal Information, including Sensitive Information, as necessary to answer your questions, resolve disputes, and/or investigate and troubleshoot problems or complaints. In some instances, we may be required to process one customer’s Personal Information to resolve another customer’s dispute or request. For example, if a customer reports behavior that violates our Terms of Service, we will separately process both customers’ Personal Information and respond separately to each individual as appropriate. We will not share your Personal Information with another customer without your consent.
For individuals located in the Designated Countries: Our legal basis for processing your Personal Information for the purpose described above depends on the nature of the customer support request. Our legal basis can be to satisfy our contractual or legal obligations and/or our legitimate interest to improve our Services.
To conduct surveys or polls, and obtain testimonials
We value your feedback and may send you surveys, polls, or requests for testimonials to improve and optimize our Services. You are in control of the information you would like to share with us. If you do not wish to receive these requests, you can manage them in your TruDiagnostic Account Settings.
For individuals located in the Designated Countries: Our legal basis for processing your Personal Information for the purpose described above is based on our legitimate interest. We think it is important to continue improving our Services to ensure your continued enjoyment.
To provide you with marketing communications
By creating a TruDiagnostic account, you are agreeing that we may send you product and promotional emails or notifications about our Services, and offers on new products, services, promotions or contests. You may also opt-in to receiving similar notifications on the website or mobile application(s). You can unsubscribe from receiving these marketing communications at any time. To unsubscribe, click the email footer “unsubscribe” link or go to the “Preferences’ ‘ section of your TruDiagnostic Account Settings to edit your email notification preferences. To opt-out of receiving website and mobile notifications, you may do so within your browser or device settings. Please note, the opt-out process differs between web browsers and mobile devices. You may not opt-out of receiving non-promotional messages regarding your account, such as technical notices, purchase confirmation, or Service-related emails.
Third Parties that we share personal information with
While TruDiagnostic directly conducts the majority of data processing activities required to provide our services to you, we engage some third party service providers to assist in supporting our Services, including in the following areas:
- Order fulfillment – Our payment processor processes certain Registration Information, such as your billing address and credit card information, as necessary to enable you to purchase a TruDiagnostic kit from the TruDiagnostic.com online store.
- Shipping – Our distribution centers ship your kit(s) to you, and in some cases help return your kit safely to us or to our private laboratory so your sample can be processed.
Customer Care support.
Our Customer Care team uses a number of tools to help organize and manage the requests we receive. These tools help to ensure we provide timely, high quality support.
- Cloud storage, IT, and Security. Our cloud storage providers provide secure storage for information in TruDiagnostic databases, ensure that our infrastructure can support continued use of our Services by TruDiagnostic customers, and protect data in the event of a natural disaster or other disruption to our Service. Our IT and security service providers assist with intrusion detection and prevention measures to stop any potential attacks against our networks. We have these third party experts perform regular penetration tests and periodically audit TruDiagnostic security controls.
- Marketing and analytics. When you use our Services, including our website or mobile app(s), our third party service providers may collect Web-Behavior Information about your visit, such as the links you clicked on, the duration of your visit, and the URLs you visited. This information can help us improve site navigability and assess our Marketing campaigns. Per applicable data protection regulations, our EU, UK, and International websites present visitors with a cookie opt in to allow the processing described above via Functionality and Advertising Cookies.
NOTE: Our service providers act on TruDiagnostic’s behalf. We implement procedures and maintain contractual terms with each service provider to protect the confidentiality and security of your information. However, we cannot guarantee the confidentiality and security of your information due to the inherent risks associated with storing and transmitting data electronically.
“Targeted advertising” service providers
- We may share Aggregate Information publicly or with third parties..
This Information is different from “Individual-level” information and is not Personal Information because it does not identify any particular individual or disclose any particular individual’s data. For example, Aggregate Information may include a statement that “30% of our female users share a particular epigenetic trait,” without providing any data or testing results specific to any individual user.
In contrast, Individual-level Epigenetic Information or Self-Reported Information consists of data about a single individual’s methylation biomarkers, diseases or other traits/characteristics information and could reveal whether a specific user has a particular epigenetic trait, or consist of all of the Epigenetic Information about that user. TruDiagnostic will ask for your consent to share Individual-level Epigenetic Information or Self-Reported Information with any third party, other than our service providers as necessary for us to provide the Services to you.
As required by law
Under certain circumstances your Personal Information may be subject to processing pursuant to laws, regulations, judicial or other government subpoenas, warrants, or orders. For example, we may be required to disclose Personal Information in coordination with regulatory authorities in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. TruDiagnostic will preserve and disclose any and all information to law enforcement agencies or others if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
(a) comply with legal or regulatory process (such as a judicial proceeding, court order, or government inquiry) or obligations that TruDiagnostic may owe pursuant to ethical and other professional rules, laws, and regulations;
(b) enforce theTruDiagnostic Terms of Service and other policies; (c) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; or
(d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of TruDiagnostic, its employees, its users, its clients, and the public.
NOTE: If you are participating in TruDiagnostic Partnered Research, TruDiagnostic will withhold disclosure of your Personal Information involved in such Research in response to judicial or other government subpoenas, warrants or orders in accordance with any applicable Certificate of Confidentiality that TruDiagnostic has obtained from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
In the event that TruDiagnostic goes through a business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets your Personal Information will likely be among the assets transferred. In such a case, your information would remain subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Privacy Statement, as may be amended from time to time.
Access to your account
We provide access to your TruDiagnostic data within your TruDiagnostic account. You can access and download data processed by TruDiagnostic’s lab within your Account Settings and within applicable Reports, Tools, and features. If you lose access to your TruDiagnostic account or account email address, please contact Customer Care for assistance. If you lose access to your TruDiagnostic account, in certain circumstances, we may require that you submit additional information sufficient to verify your identity before providing access or otherwise releasing information to you. If you choose not to submit the required documentation, or the information provided is not sufficient for the purposes sought, TruDiagnostic will not be able to sufficiently verify your identity in order to complete your request.
Sharing outside of the TruDiagnostic Services
You may decide to share your Personal Information with friends and/or family members, doctors or other health care professionals, and/or other individuals outside of our Services, including through third party services such as social networks and third party apps that connect to our website and mobile apps through our application programming interface (“API”). These third parties may use your Personal Information differently than we do under this Privacy Statement. Please make such choices carefully and review the privacy statements of all other third parties involved in the transaction. TruDiagnostic does not endorse or sponsor any API applications, and does not affirm the accuracy or validity of any interpretations made by third party API applications.
In general, it can be difficult to contain or retrieve Personal Information once it has been shared or disclosed. TruDiagnostic will have no responsibility or liability for any consequences that may result because you have released or shared Personal Information with others. Likewise, if you are reading this because you have access to the Personal Information of a TruDiagnostic customer through a multi-profile account, you are responsible to protect the privacy of each person within that account. Users with multi-profile accounts (i.e., where multiple family members register their kits to one account) should use caution in setting profile-level privacy settings.
If you no longer wish to participate in our Services, or no longer wish to have your Personal Information be processed, you may submit a request to delete your TruDiagnostic account and Personal Information. Once you submit your request, we will send an email to the email address linked to your TruDiagnostic account detailing our account deletion policy and requesting that you confirm your deletion request. Once you confirm your request to delete your account and data, your account will no longer be accessible while we process your request.
Once you confirm your request, this process cannot be cancelled, undone, withdrawn, or reversed. When your account is deleted, all associated Personal Information is deleted and any stored samples are discarded, subject to the following limitations:
- Information previously included in TruDiagnostic Research. As stated in any applicable Consent Document, Epigenetic Information and/or Self-Reported Information that you have previously provided and for which you have given consent to use in TruDiagnostic Research cannot be removed from completed studies that use that information. Your data will not be included in studies that start more than 30 days after your account is closed (it may take up to 30 days to withdraw your information after your account is closed).
- Legal Retention Requirements. TruDiagnostic and/or our contracted laboratory will retain your Epigenetic Information, date of birth, and sex as required for compliance with applicable legal obligations, including the federal Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988 (CLIA). TruDiagnostic will also retain limited information related to your account and data deletion request, including but not limited to, your email address, account deletion request identifier, communications related to inquiries or complaints and legal agreements for a limited period of time as required by law, contractual obligations, and/or as necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims and for audit and compliance purposes.
TruDiagnostic takes seriously the trust you place in us. TruDiagnostic implements physical, technical, and administrative measures to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of your information, to maintain data accuracy, to ensure the appropriate use of information, and otherwise safeguard your Personal Information.
Our team regularly reviews and improves our security practices to help ensure the integrity of our systems and your information.
Please recognize that protecting your Personal Information is also your responsibility. You are responsible to safeguard your password and other authentication information you use to access our Services. You should not disclose your authentication information to any third party and should immediately notify TruDiagnostic of any unauthorized use of your password. TruDiagnostic cannot secure Personal Information that you release on your own or that you request us to release.
Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which TruDiagnostic or its subsidiaries, affiliates or service providers maintain facilities and, therefore, your information may be subject to the laws of those other jurisdictions which may be different from the laws of your country of residence.
TruDiagnostic is committed to protecting the privacy of children as well as adults. Neither TruDiagnostic nor any of its Services are designed for, intended to attract, or directed toward children under the age of 18.
A parent or guardian, however, may collect a blood sample from, create an account for, and provide information related to their child who is under the age of 18. The parent or guardian assumes full responsibility for ensuring that the information that they provide to TruDiagnostic about their child is kept secure and that the information submitted is accurate.
TruDiagnostic provides links to third party websites operated by organizations not affiliated with TruDiagnostic. True Diagnostic does not disclose your information to organizations operating such linked third party websites.
TruDiagnostic does not review or endorse, and is not responsible for the privacy practices of, these organizations. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every website that you visit. This Privacy Statement applies solely to information collected by TruDiagnostic and our service providers on our behalf.
We will obtain your consent where required to send you marketing communications using electronic means. You may withdraw your consent at any time within your TruDiagnostic Account Settings. We will only contact you by electronic means (email, push notification, SMS, etc.) with information about our Services that are similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiation of a sale to you.
We will share your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes only with your explicit consent. If you do not want us to use your Personal Information in this way, please review and update your TruDiagnostic Account Settings as necessary. You may raise such objection with regard to initial or further processing for purposes of direct marketing at any time and free of charge. The withdrawal of your consent to share Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposeswill not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Other marketing activities will happen based on the legitimate interests of TruDiagnostic. E.g., where we tailor marketing communications or send targeted marketing messages via post, phone or social media and other third party platforms; and in providing existing customers with information (via email or other channels) about similar products and services.
You can exercise your privacy rights by following the instructions below or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will handle your request under applicable law. When you make a request, we may verify your identity to protect your privacy and security.
- Right to withdraw consent. To the extent TruDiagnostic requests and you provide your consent to the processing of your Personal Information, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Your withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of our processing based on consent before your withdrawal.
- Right of access to and rectification of your Personal Information. Our site allows you to access and rectify certain Registration Information within your TruDiagnostic Account Settings, and your Self-Reported Information by going to the surveys page, and other information as required by applicable law.
- Right to erasure (or, “Right to be Forgotten”). As explained under Section 5.d. (Account Deletion), we allow you to delete your account at any time. You can request erasure of Personal Information that: (a) is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed; (b) was collected in relation to processing to which you previously consented, but later withdrew such consent; or (c) was collected in relation to processing activities to which you object, and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for our processing. If we have made your Personal Information public and we are required to erase such Personal Information, we will take reasonable steps, including technical measures, to inform controllers that are processing any links to or copies or replications of your Personal Information of your erasure request. Our assistance with your request for erasure is subject to limitations by relevant data protection laws, available technology and the cost of implementation.
- Right to data portability. If we process your Personal Information based on a contract with you or based on your consent, or the processing is carried out by automated means, you may request your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may also request the transfer of your Personal Information directly to another controller, where technically feasible, unless choosing to exercise this right adversely affects the rights and freedoms of others. A “controller” is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of your Personal Information.
- Right to restriction of our processing. You can restrict our processing of your Personal Information where one of the following applies: (a) you dispute the accuracy of Personal Information processed by TruDiagnostic (for a period enabling us to verify its accuracy); (b) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the Personal Information and request the restriction of its use instead; (c) TruDiagnostic no longer needs the Personal Information for the purposes of the processing, but it is required by you for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; and (d) you have objected to certain processing relying on legitimate interest, pending the verification whether TruDiagnostic’s legitimate grounds override your rights. Restricted Personal Information shall only be processed with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest. We will notify you if the restriction is lifted.
- Notification of erasure, rectification and restriction. We will provide notice to each recipient that we disclosed your Personal Information to regarding any rectification or erasure of Personal Information or restriction of processing, unless you initiated the disclosure or providing notice proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. Upon your request, we will share the list of recipients with you.
- Right to object to processing. Where the processing of your Personal Information is based on consent, contract, or legitimate interests described under the Legal Bases for Processing heading above, you may restrict or object, at any time, to the processing of your Personal Information as permitted by applicable law. We may continue to process your Personal Information if it is necessary for the defense of legal claims, or for any other exceptions permitted by applicable law.
- Automated individual decision-making, including profiling. You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal or similarly significant effects on you, except as allowed under applicable data protection laws.
- Retention of your Personal Information. Unless you delete your account or delete certain Personal Information (i.e., User Content, etc.), we will store your Personal Information as long as your account is open. If you delete your account, we will take the steps described under “Your Choices – Account Deletion” and delete all your Personal Information, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
The rights described above may be limited by local laws. Further, your right of access and deletion is not absolute and may not be available if fulfillment of such right would, among other things:
- cause interference with execution and enforcement of the law and legal private rights (such as in the case of the investigation or detection of legal claims or the right to a fair trial);
- breach or prejudice the rights of confidentiality and security of others;
- prejudice security or grievance investigations, corporate re-organizations, future and ongoing negotiations with third parties, the compliance with regulatory requirements relating to economic and financial management; or
- otherwise violate the interests of others or where the burden or cost of providing access would be disproportionate.