biological age, risk of death & disease, and so much more- from 75+ epigenetic biomarkers!
We have two testing options to help wellness and anti-aging enthusiast understand their body's aging processes on a cellular level.
About our tests.
Aging starts as a molecular, biological process, and is eventually visible through physical and cognitive deterioration; impacting your health and quality of life.
We look at the micro, to help you modify the macro!
Our biological age test analyzes the molecules (your epigenetics) that impact how your DNA (genetics) is expressed. This process of silencing or amplifying certain sections of DNA is called DNA methylation, and patterns of methylation correlate with aging.
Biological Age is an easy way to estimate your risk factor for most age-related diseases and disorders. It also lets you track the effects of anti-aging interventions in real time.
TruAge is the name of a test developed by TruDiagnostic that measures your current Biological Age, along with a suite of other metrics like your pace of aging, telomere length, the age of your immune system, and more.
We use epigenetic methylation markers and the latest generation of aging algorithms currently available in the scientific community.
When you purchase a TruAge test kit, you will receive a box complete with all tools needed to collect a blood sample at home.
Our size, science, and services set us apart!
- We measure 1,000,000+ locations on your genome that have studied and proven significance to your health and wellness.
- We use blood as a collection method, due to a higher level of scientific studies supporting the use of blood for this measurement.
- TruAge Complete purchasers receive a 30+ page report detailing each factor that influences their biological age.
- All purchasers are able to track their labs and health results from our portal, and compare their results over time.
- Our test reproducibility is over 99%, meaning testing the same sample will get the same result. Our test is very precise.
- We perform all testing at our private, in-house laboratory; with a turnaround time between four and six weeks.
The main difference between our two tests, TruAge COMPLETE and TruAge PACE, rests in how much data we analyze and return to you.
You can browse our various, age-related reports here to determine which kit option is best for you based on how much and what type of biological information you are looking for.
As a general rule of thumb, our TruAge COMPLETE kit is the go-to kit for those who are just starting to track their biological age. This kit includes all data reports available, and gives the most in-depth insight to various age-related biomarkers such as telomere length, impacts of smoke and alcohol exposure, immune system age, and much more.
Our TruAge PACE kit is often purchased by those who began tracking their biological aging with a TruAge COMPLETE kit, but now want a simplified way to gauge the success of their aging interventions. This kit includes our Pace of Biological Aging and Telomere Length reports only.
How things work.
If you want to understand the various, biological factors that play a role in your body's physical aging process, then...
- Determine which TruAge test kit is right for you, based on what, and how much, age-related data you are looking for.
- Add a Tasso+ blood extraction device to your cart if you are concerned about the at-home, blood collection process.
- Purchase your kit, and register for a free account to be able to access your test results from our user portal.
- Receive your physical, TruAge test kit complete with all items needed to collect your blood sample, and return said sample to our laboratory through a pre-paid return envelope included with your delivery.
- View your results online from your user dashboard.
After receiving results, many purchasers make lifestyle, medical, and/or environmental changes to improve their aging biomarkers. Following several weeks of committed changes, many will retest to gauge the success of their efforts.
Each TruAge test kit comes with detailed instructions, as well as all necessary medical tools needed to safely and comfortably complete an at-home blood collection sample.
Several lancets (a small finger-pricking tool) are included in each TruAge kit. However, patients who are squeamish or uncomfortable with that extraction option can purchase a Tasso+ device, which attaches to the bicep-facing, upper section of the arm for minimal patient involvement in the blood collection process.
The purpose of mailing a physical, TruAge test kit to purchasers is to provide them with all tools needed to collect their blood sample at home.
As such, each kit comes with:
- 1 instruction guide
- 1 mini blood spot card
- 2 fingertip lancets
- 1 dry gauze bandage
- 1 sanitizing wet wipe
- 1 adhesive bandage
- 1 biohazard bag
- 1 prepaid envelope to return your sample to our lab
Your sample will not be processed until you complete your kit registration through our online portal.
When an unregistered sample is received at the lab, an email titled “Action Required” is sent to the email address provided when the order was placed.
If you forgot to register your kit, this email will contain your sample’s barcode which you can use to register it online. In order to register, you will need to either create a new account or log in to an existing TruDiagnostic account.
Keep in mind that an account is not automatically created when an order is placed.